Best iMac Computer For Photo & Video Editing:
We know you are looking for a perfect and most valuable Apple iMac which has enough performance and potential to give you a great and satisfying experience at the video and photo editing or other rendering stuff. For this purpose, here in this article, we have mentioned the most recommended and valuable iMac to buy for Photo and video editing purposes. These iMacs are ranked basically on their price for performance ratio so that the top one will be giving the maximum value for its money.
Buy these iMacs If:
If you need a compact and small PC which can do all work.
If you are a content Creator or Video / Photo editor.
If you want Super True colors and HD Display.
Don’t Buy If:
If you need high-end Graphics (like you play high-end games).
If you want a PC at a budget price.
If you want to build a gaming or RGB PC.
Also Checkout: Best Macbook Laptops For Music Production – WePCGamer
Top 3 Best iMacs Picks
1. 2021 Apple iMac (24-inch, Apple M1 chip)
2. Apple iMac Pro 27-inch (All-in-One Desktop)
3. Apple iMac 21.5-inch
1. 2021 Apple iMac (24-inch, Apple M1 chip with 8‑core CPU and 7‑core GPU, 8GB RAM, 256GB)
(Best Value iMac For 4K/8K Video Editing)
|Specifications:||2021 Apple iMac 24-Inch|
|Display||23.5-inch (diagonal) Retina 4.6K display, 4480-by-2520 resolution with support for 1 billion colors 500 nits brightness, Wide color (P3)|
|Processor||Apple M1 chip, 8-core CPU with four performance cores and four efficiency cores, 7-core GPU, 16-core Neural Engine|
|Video Support/Camera||1080p FaceTime HD camera with M1 image signal processor, Thunderbolt 3 digital video output|
|Connections and Expansion||3.5 mm headphone jack, Two Thunderbolt / USB 4 ports (up to 40Gb/s), Configurable with Gigabit Ethernet (RJ-45 connector)|
|Wireless||802.11ax Wi-Fi 6 wireless networking IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n/ac compatible, Bluetooth 5.0 wireless technology|
|Storage||256GB SSD / 512 GB SSD|
|Keyboard and Mouse||Magic Keyboard, Magic Mouse 2|
- Immersive 24-inch 4.5K Retina display with P3 wide color gamut and 500 nits of brightness
- Apple M1 chip delivers powerful performance with an 8-core CPU and 7-core GPU
- Strikingly thin 11.5 mm design in vibrant colors
- 1080p FaceTime HD camera with M1 ISP for amazing video quality
- Studio-quality three-mic array for crystal clear calls and voice recordings
- Six-speaker sound system for a remarkably robust and high-quality audio experience
- Up to 512GB of ultrafast SSD storage
- Two Thunderbolt / USB 4 ports and up to two USB 3 ports
- Ultrafast Wi-Fi 6 and Bluetooth 5.0 wireless
- Color-matched Magic Mouse with Magic Keyboard
This Apple iMac 2021 24 Inch is the most valuable iMac to buy for photo or video editing work and rendering work. This iMac has the best price for its hardware specifications and performance. Also, this one is one of the slim iMacs you can get in 2021 Models.
This iMac comes in a completely packed box with some beautiful brandings there. It has white in color and is slimmer than any smartwatch; it’s one of the most good-looking iMacs and well-performing. The display of this iMac is a complete 4.5K Retina display which is 24 inches large. It has great viewing angles and 500 nits of brightness level, which will allow the content to be visible even outdoor or in sunny surroundings. The display of this iMac always shines because of the high-quality glass covering the display, and it has white bezels on the corners to improve the focus on the content inside the screen.
Apple’s New M1 Chip:
Apple’s new one chip is now the most demanding hardware that people want in their devices like iPads, Macbooks, or iMacs. Apple iMac 24 inch 2021 comes with Apple M1 chip installed V total at CPU cores and 7 GPU cores. You can also choose the eight-core GPU model, which is a little expensive. This iMac is very improved and very stylish compared to the older models of iMac; it is also better in performance and speed.
More Power Efficient:
This I make is also very efficient than its older model, like 21.5 inches 2021 Apple iMacs or any 2020 Model. It also has great power delivery from CPU to GPU and a rapid response time, making it faster and providing a completely lag-free experience in any heavy-duty work.
- Has the best price for performance ratio than all other iMacs
- Very Powerful and fast
- More Efficient than older models iMacs
- Great CPU to GPU Performance and Power delivery
- Great Rendering Performance
- Amazingly fast at Photo and Video Editing
- Less Expensive Than
- Uses Apple M1 chip, comes with 8-core CPU
- Most Slim iMac PC
- Expensive, not affordable for everyone
- With 512GB SSD it gets more expensive
2. Apple iMac (21.5-inch, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD Storage)
(Best Value Pick For 4K Video Editing)
|Specifications:||Apple iMac 21.5-inch|
|Display||21.5-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit display, 1920-by-1080 resolution with support for millions of colors|
|Processor||2.3GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 processor, Turbo Boost up to 3.6GHz|
|Video Support/Camera||FaceTime HD camera, Thunderbolt 3 digital video output|
|Connections and Expansion||3.5mm headphone jack, SDXC card slot, Four USB-A ports (compatible with USB 2), Two Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) ports, 10/100/1000BASE-T Gigabit Ethernet (RJ-45 connector), Kensington lock slot|
|Keyboard and Mouse||Magic Keyboard, Magic Mouse 2|
|Wireless||802.11ac Wi‑Fi wireless networking IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n compatible, Bluetooth 4.2 wireless technology|
- 21.5-inch (diagonal) 1920-by-1080 resolution display
- Seventh-generation dual-core Intel Core i5 processor
- Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640
- Ultrafast SSD storage
- Two Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) ports
This Apple iMac 21.5-inch is one of the most valuable iMacs for 4K video editing because it comes with 21.5 inches large Retina 4K display, which supports millions of colors. It also comes in a non Retina model, which is cheaper than the Retina Display Model.
This Apple iMac 21.5 Inch comes with a 2.3 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5 processor with a turbo boost clock up to 3.6 GHz. It also has 8 GB of RAM, but you can also go for the 16 GB model. this iMac usually comes with Intel Iris Pro 6200 Graphics, which can easily handle any video editing application. For Extra speed, this iMac has a super-fast SSD to store and load your data in no time; also, it will improve the loading time of all applications.
Design and Ports:
The design of this I make is very similar to the older models; the edges of the iMac are thin and sharp. The Stand is a completely pivoting stand that can easily move in different directions. This iMac has dual Thunderbolt 3 ports which is an amazing upgrade. Also, it has 4 USB 3.0 ports, a Gigabyte Ethernet port, an SD card slot, and a headphone jack.
On the backside of the IMac, there is an exhaust fan that will keep the iMac cool by throwing out all the hot air, and above that, you will find a dual microphone, and at the center, there is a large Apple logo in black color.
- Good Performance and Less Expensive iMac
- Great for Video and Photo Editing
- Pretty Fast and Quick
- Fast SSD Installed
- Has Dual Thunderbolt 3 ports
- Solid build Quality
- Screen size is 21.5 Inches
- Mediocre Performance
3. Apple iMac Pro 27in All-in-One Desktop, Space Gray (MQ2Y2LL/A) (Renewed)
(Most Powerful iMac For 8K/4K Video Editing)
|Specifications||Apple iMac Pro 27 inch|
|Standing screen display size||27 Inches|
|Max Screen Resolution||5120×2880 Pixels|
|Processor||3.2 GHz Xeon_W3503|
|RAM||32 GB DDR4|
|Memory Speed||2666 MHz|
|Hard Drive||1000 GB Flash Memory Solid State|
|Graphics Coprocessor||AMD Radeon Pro Vega|
|Graphics Card Ram Size||8 GB|
|Wireless Type||802.11n, 802.11b, 802.11g|
- Radeon Pro Vega 56 with 8GB HBM2 memory
- 3.2GHz 8-core Intel Xeon W processor w/Turbo Boost up to 4.2GHz
- 32GB 2666MHz ECC memory
- 1TB SSD storage, Four Thunderbolt 3 Ports, 10GB Ethernet
- Keyboard and Mouse included.
Apple iMac Pro 27 inch is a grey color I make which is almost the latest model and the largest display iMac you can buy. This has some extreme power inside. It is the best 8k and 4K video editing because it has a powerful Intel Xeon Processor running at 3.2 GHz.
This iMac comes with the maximum 32GB DDR4 Ram running at 2666 MHz. The GPU installed in this Max is the AMD Radeon Pro Vega GPU, you will find two models with different GPU sizes, one with 8GB and another one with 16GB, and prices are different.
Magic Mouse and Keyboard:
This I make comes with an accessory box that contains a magic keyboard and mouse; both are colored in space grey, which matches the color of the iMac so that the whole setup will be in the same color.
This iMac is very quiet because it comes with a large exhaust area on the backside of the iMac. It comes with 4 USB 3 ports and 4 Thunderbolt 3 ports. You will find a UHX2 SD card slot with a speedy SD card reader. It also has a 10 GB Ethernet port and one massive upgrade I will tell you about this iMac is it has a 1080p FaceTime camera. In the older versions, there were only 720 p Facetime cameras. Apple iMac Pro 27 inch has four microphones for different purposes.
Display and Video Editing Performance:
Let’s talk about the display of this iMac. It has a complete 5K display and a maximum resolution of 5120×2880 Pixels. The display of this iMac can produce up to 1 billion colors and has 500 nits of maximum Brightness. For video editing and photo editing, the number of colors a display can produce is the major factor, so this iMac will be the best option for those video editor that needs a professional video editing computer.
- 27 inches large display with 5120×2880 Pixels resolution
- 32 GB DDR4 running at 2666 MHz for quick and fast service
- Amazingly fast and powerful iMac
- Can handle any work easily, i.e Rendering, Video Editing, Photo Editing
- The Latest Model from apple
- Has 1 TB SSD Storage
- Powerful 8 Core CPU Installed
- Extra Expensive, only good for people with high budget
- Not more valuable than “2021 Apple iMac, 24-inch”
- Not thin like other Latest iMac models
4. Apple iMac 21.5in 2.7GHz Core i5 (ME086LL/A) All In One Desktop, 8GB Memory, 1TB Hard Drive, Mac OS X Mountain Lion (Renewed)
(For Budget Video Editors)
- Intel Iris Pro Graphics
- 2.7 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5 Processor (Turbo Boost up to 3.2 GHz) with 6MB L3 cache
- 21.5-inch (Diagonal) LED-backlit Display with IPS Technology; 1920-by-1080 Resolution
- 1TB Hard Drive, 8 GB (Two 4 GB) of 1600MHz DDR3 Memory
- This Certified Refurbished product has been tested and certified to work and look like new, with minimal to no signs of wear, by a specialized third-party seller approved by Amazon. The product is backed by a minimum 90-day warranty, and may arrive in a generic brown or white box. Accessories may be generic and not directly from the manufacturer
|Specifications||Apple iMac 21.5|
|Standing screen display size||21.5 Inches|
|Screen Resolution||1920 x 1080|
|Processor||2.7 GHz core_i5|
|RAM||8 GB SDRAM|
|Memory Speed||1600 MHz|
|Hard Drive||1 TB|
|Graphics Co-processor||Intel Iris Pro|
|Card Description||Intel Iris Pro Graphics 5200|
|Number of USB 2.0 Ports||2|
|Number of USB 3.0 Ports||4|
Apple iMac 21.5 inches is the most budget-friendly and affordable iMac you can buy for normal Photo and Video Editing; it is priced extremely lower than other high-end iMacs. This iMac has a 2.7 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5 Processor, which can have a Turbo Boost up to 3.2 GHz; this CPU comes with a 6MB of L3 cache for speeding up the performance. This iMac has a 21 Inches large display with a maximum resolution of 1920 x 1080. The display it uses is a LED-backlit IPS Display.
This iMac has 8 GB SDRAM running at 1600 MHz, and it also has 1TB HDD storage for storing large files or data. This iMac’s graphics processor is Intel Iris Pro Graphics 5200, which is pretty valuable for this price. It has 6 USB ports, 2 of them are USB 2.0, and 4 are USB 3.0 ports.
- Good Overall Performance with consistent speed
- Most Affordable and Lowest Priced iMac PC
- Can be used at video/photo editing
- 21.5 Inches Screen
- 8 GB SDRAM is enough for heavy works
- Best pick for budget editors
- Hardware Specs are mediocre
- Uses HDD instead of SSD
Hi, I’m Afaq a Gaming and Tech enthusiast Living In the United States Of America, California. I’m here to provide you with the best gaming recommendations and suggestions, also I will give detailed reviews for the best builds and components. I also review technology-related products and tell you if they are good to buy or not.