MSI B450 Tomahawk MAX Motherboard is the most affordable and best value B450 motherboard which features all the advanced technologies and specs which other expensive B450 motherboards do. It supports 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen Processors. It comes with features like 1x TURBO M.2, AMD Turbo USB 3.2 GEN2, DDR4 Boost technology, Core boost, Multi GPU, Extended Heatsink design for better heat dissipation and cooling environment, and many more.
1. MSI B450 Gaming Carbon AC (MAX WIFI)
2. GIGABYTE X570 AORUS Elite Wi-Fi
Best Performance & Power
3. MSI B450 Tomahawk MAX
Best Budget Motherboard
MSI B450 Tomahawk MAX Review:
|Specifications||MSI B450 Tomahawk MAX|
|CPU (MAX SUPPORT)||Ryzen 9 3950X|
|MEMORY SUPPORT||Upto 4133 MHz (by A-XMP OC MODE)|
|MAX MEMORY (GB)||128GB|
|LAN||1x Realtek® 8111H Gigabit LAN controller|
|USB 3.2 PORTS (FRONT)||2(Gen1, Type A)|
|USB 3.2 PORTS (REAR)||1(Gen2, Type C), 1(Gen2, Type A), 2(Gen1, Type A)|
|USB 2.0 PORTS (FRONT)||4|
|USB 2.0 PORTS (REAR)||2|
|AUDIO PORTS (REAR)||Realtek® ALC892 Codec|
- Supports up to 64GB Dual Channel DDR4-SDRAM
- ATX form factor
- Ports: 2 x USB2.0, 2 x USB3.2 Gen 1 Type-A, 1 x USB3.2 Gen 2 Type-A, 1 x USB3.2 Gen 2 Type-C, 1 x Ethernet LAN (RJ-45), 1 x PS/2, 1 x HDMI, 1 x DVI-D
- Chipset: AMD B450
- Supports Windows 7 or later operating systems supported
- Supports 1st, 2nd and 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen™ / Ryzen™ with Radeon™ Vega Graphics and 2nd Gen AMD Ryzen™ with Radeon™ Graphics / Athlon™ with Radeon™ Vega Graphics Desktop Processors for Socket AM4
- Supports DDR4 Memory, up to 4133(OC) MHz
- Extended Heatsink Design: MSI extended PWM heatsink and enhanced circuit design ensures even high-end processors to run in full speed.
- Lightning Fast Game experience: 1x TURBO M.2, AMD Turbo USB 3.2 GEN2, Store MI technology
- Core Boost: With premium layout and fully digital power design to support more cores and provide better performance.
- DDR4 Boost:Advanced technology to deliver pure data signals for the best gaming performance and stability.
- MULTI-GPU: With STEEL ARMOR PCI-E slots. Supports 2-Way AMD Crossfire™
- Audio Boost: Reward your ears with studio grade sound quality for the most immersive audio experience.
- Flash BIOS Button: Simply use a USB key to flash any BIOS within seconds, without installing a CPU, memory or graphics card.
Supported & Compatible Processors:
- AMD Ryzen 9 5950X
- AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
- AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
- AMD Ryzen 5 5600X
- AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
- AMD Ryzen 5 5600G
- AMD Ryzen 9 3900XT
- AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT
- AMD Ryzen 9 3950X
- AMD Ryzen 5 3600XT
- AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
- AMD Ryzen 9 3900X
- AMD Ryzen 5 3600X
- AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
- AMD Ryzen 3300X
- AMD Ryzen 5 3600
- AMD Ryzen 5 3500X
- AMD Ryzen 3 3100
- AMD Ryzen 5 2600X
- AMD Ryzen 5 3400G
- AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
- AMD Ryzen 7 2700
- AMD Ryzen 3 3200G
- AMD Ryzen S 1600X
- AMD Ryzen 5 2400G
- AMD Ryzen 7 1800X
- AMD Ryzen 3 1300X
- AMD Ryzen 5 1600
- AMD Ryzen 7 1700X
- AMD Ryzen 5 1500X
- AMD Athlon 3000G
- AMD Athlon 240GE
- AMD Ryzen 3 1200
- AMD Ryzen 7 1700
- AMD Athlon 220GE
- AMD Ryzen 3 2200G
- AMD Athlon 200GE
- AMD Ryzen5 2600 OEM
MSI B450 Tomahawk MAX Review:
MSI B450 Tomahawk MAX is an ATX form factor motherboard that comes with a socket of AM4, and it’s a b450 chipset motherboard. If one of the cheapest and most affordable motherboards for AMD ryzen 3rd Generation processor adjusts priced under $100 which is very much valuable because it comes with tons of features. This motherboard has a solid black color PCB and some white color design over there.
On the input or output unit, you will get a Bios flash button a PS2 port, a couple of USB 2.0 Type-A ports, and for display outputs, you will get HDMI 1.4 and DVI ports, these will be useful if you are running the pc on processor’s integrated graphics or AMD’s APU. You will also get a couple of USB 3.1 gen 1 Type-A ports, a Gigabyte Ethernet LAN, a USB 3.21 gen 2 type port, and a USB 3.1 type-c port, and at last you will get a Realtek ALC892 audio codec.
PCIe and DIMM Slots:
MSI B450 Tomahawk MAX has a dual-channel DIMM slot, in total four slots which have maximum support up to 64 GB of RAM having a maximum frequency upto 2666MHz. This motherboard has a total of 5 PCIe slots, the top one will be x16 which will be running on PCIe gen 3, the second x16 slot will be running on PCIe gen 2 and will have x16 speed, so a total of 2 x16 slots are there and rest of 3 are x1 slots with a speed of x4, so this motherboard has support for AMD Crossfire.
We talked about the storage and M.2 slots of this motherboard then it has only a single M.2 slot maybe not be good news for some users but it is what it is. This slot will support all the M.2 SSDs of length 2242, 2260, 2280, 22110. But there is also and constraint and that is if you use this M.2 slot then there are two SATA ports on the right of this M.2 slot those ports will get disabled, so you won’t be able to use them if you are using this M.2 slot.
If we talk about the headers on this motherboard and it comes with a lot of headers and connectors, first you will get an 8 pin power connector, RGB header, 6 SATA connectors, a single fan header, a pump header, TPM connector, a couple of USB 2.0 connectors, a USB 3.0 connector and a 24 pin power connector for the motherboard.
- DDR4 Memory, up to 4133(OC) MHz
- Solid overall aesthetics
- Shielded PCIe x16 slot
- USB-C connector
- Supports 2-Way AMD Crossfire
- Most Affordable motherboard for AMD Ryzen 3rd Gen processors
- Good Cooling overall
- Solid Chipset Heatsink
- Low amount of VRM phases
- Only 1x M.2 slot
You may also Like to view
Hi, I’m Afaq a Gaming and Tech enthusiast Living In the United States Of America, California. I’m here to provide you with the best gaming recommendations and suggestions, also I will give detailed reviews for the best builds and components. I also review technology-related products and tell you if they are good to buy or not.