AMD Ryzen 5 2400G vs Intel Core i5-8400(2.80GHz) – Full Comparison & Benchmarks
Ryzen 5 2400G | Intel Core i5-8400 – Comparison:
AMD Ryzen 2400G
Why Should Buy?
- Superior all-core base speed
- Very power efficient at 65W
- Comes with a free CPU cooler
Pros & Cons:
Not Too Much Expensive
Compatible with All AMD AM4 motherboards.
Slow In Computing Tasks & Take a Long Time.
|Turbo Clock:||3.9 GHz|
|Base Clock:||100 MHz|
|Release Date:||Feb 12th, 2018|
(Zen (Raven Ridge))
|# of Cores:||4|
|# of Threads:||8|
|SMP # CPUs:||1|
|Integrated Graphics:||Radeon RX Vega 11|
|Cache L1:||128K (per core)|
|Cache L2:||512K (per core)|
|Cache L3:||4MB (shared)|
Integrated Graphics Memory:
AMD Ryzen 2400G comes with integrated graphics memory that will be able to run any of your PC games at average FPS, so you won’t need any extra graphics card to play games on it.
The price for this AMD Ryzen 2400G is around $270 which is quite higher than and the older model of AMD ryzen just before this AMD Ryzen 2400G, but there are so many optimizations and improvements in the performance of this process as compared to the previous ones.
Which One To Buy:
The price of this processor AMD Ryzen 2400G is very higher than AMD Ryzen 1600 as compared to the performance and other Benchmarks and games FPS, because in 70% results AMD Ryzen 1600 beats AMD Ryzen 2400G, so we will suggest you buy AMD Ryzen 1600 only, it will be a wise choice.
Performance & Speed:
This processor is built on 14nm architecture which comes with 8 threads, the number of threads matters so much in the performance of the processor. If you talk about the processor core speed aits 3.6 GHz. This processor has a feature called simultaneous multi-threading which makes it able to run two threads on a single Core, most Photoshop and adobe after effects and other visual applications require multithreading and it takes so much power to perform your tasks over there.
Intel Core i5-8400
- Powerful In Multi-Threading
- Most Cheaper & effiecient 6-core in the Coffee Lake Intel’s Family
- Comes with Intel stock cooler
- It beats previous-generation Core i7-7700K flagship CPU on multi-core tests
- Gives Powerful Performance with External GPU’s in Games
- No HyperThreading available Most of the time
- Requires Latest Motherboards Only
- Can’t be Overclocked Easily
Why You Should Buy Intel Core i5-8400?
- 17% faster CPU speed Than AMD Ryzen 5 2400G
- 25% higher PassMark Score as compared to AMD Ryzen 5 2400G
- 100MHz higher turbo clock speed Than AMD Ryzen 5 2400G
- 5MB more in size of L3 cache
- 5°C higher maximum operating temperature than AMD Ryzen 5 2400G
- 500kb more L3 cache in every single core as compared to AMD Ryzen 5 2400G
Budget Gaming Processor:
Here is one of the most affordable and budget Intel coffee lake processors which are the Intel Core i5-8400, it’s a 6 Core Intel gaming processor.
It comes with hyperthreading but if you don’t have hyperthreading in it then it will only give up to 6 threads of processing performance.
Core Speed & Cache:
The core speed of this CPU is 2.8 GHz which is quite low but is still powerful. The Turbo speed of this processor is 4 GHz. The cache memory of Intel Core i5-8400 is the same as Intel Core i5-8600K.
Intel Core i5-8400 Vs i7 in Gaming Performance:
The gaming performance of this processor Intel Core i5-8400 or any Intel coffee Lake processor is the same as the top generations of i7 Intel Processors, there is no big difference between them by comparing the performance or Benchmarks for FPS in games.
Cheaper Than AMD Processors:
This intel core i5-8400 is so cheaper than other AMD processors like six-core Ryzen 5. The K series of these processors can easily heat up to 5.1 GHz of turbo speed without any issue or heat up, that’s why it’s still one of the most powerful budget gaming processors.
1. Benchmarks in different Games:
2. 720p FPS In Total War: WarHammer 2